The Jeetoo family of Queens has come together along the Indo-Caribbean community to fulfill their long cherished dream of building a Kali Temple of their own in Queens, NY. Following the ancient traditions, the temple was consecrated on March 10th, 2005 by Pujari Kabir Jeetoo, among other revered spiritual leaders.
Shri Maha Kali Durga Mandir is fulfilling the dreams and aspirations of the Indo-Caribbean community by providing an Earthly abode and temple of Maha Kali (Mariamman). We have been performing and providing regular puja, indigenous spiritual healing, and humanitarian services at the temple.
We have also built in the temple premises an interfaith center, where people of all faith are welcome to participate in discussions on philosophy, religion and matters pertinent to living everyday life peacefully.
For those of us living almost 12,000 miles away from our roots in India, the temple has given us and our children to participate with our ancient Hindu religion. We have, and will continue to practice and preserve our religion, culture, traditions, and beliefs.
We enforce a mandatory strict fasting policy. The guide lines to this fast is as follows:
You MUST keep strict fast for at least 3 days (72 hours) prior to attending service.
1) No eating any meat such as chicken, beef, pork, goat etc. This includes completely avoiding fish or eggs. Be sure to check all products and bi-products.
2) Do not drink any alcohol when you are fasting.
3) Do not have any sexual contact with your mate.
4) When you are on your menstrual cycle do not enter the temple until you are fully finished.
5) If you have went to a funeral or saw a deceased body, you cannot enter the temple for 21 days (3 weeks). If you saw a new born baby you cannot enter the temple for 21 days to (3 weeks) either.
Note: Do not take any leather or animal skin apparel inside the temple. This includes watch bands, pants patches, hand bags, purses, wallets, leather cell phone cases etc.
Interview with "Lets Talk With Lakshmee"
Featuring Pujari Kabir Jeetoo & Lakshmee Singh